Friday, July 3, 2009

Taipei

July 3, 2009
We're descending towards Taipei airport right as I type this. The flight has been uneventful. I watched a couple movies, ate two meals (one of which was porridge for breakfast), slept a little, and typed some things up including this entry. I have to admit that I was a little worried about China Airlines before boarding. I chose them because they offered the best fare, but having flown Thai and Malaysia on previous trips to Cambodia I wasn't sure I could expect the same experience from China. But I have been pleasantly surprised. The plane is modern, the food is pretty good, there is an on-demand entertainment library, and the attendants have been very helpful. Right when I boarded one of them offered to place my travel guitar in a special compartment separate from the other carry-on baggage. Aside from the fact that all of them start talking to me in Mandarin instead of English I have nothing to complain about.
After about an hour or two layover there is still another four hour leg before I land in Cambodia. So far so good, I'm looking forward to meeting the missionaries again and seeing old friends in Cambodia. Thanks to everyone who came to the send-off, I felt encouraged and definitely covered in prayer. Props to family and friends who stayed till 12:15 in the morning at LAX to wait for my boarding time.

Prayer Requests:
  • Adjusting to the timezone. I'll probably start falling asleep around 6 or 7 local time and waking up around 4 or 5. It's not too bad coming this direction but the struggle is not to fall asleep in your food at dinner.
  • Final arangements for my travel north to Battambang where Dave Strong is. I'm still not sure if I will leave immediately or rest a few hours or maybe a day before getting on the bus. I want to be the least burden to the missionaries here. (Update: Dave has requested that I travel to Battambang on Monday so I will need to make somewhat last minute arangements with Ilana to stay in Phnom Penh for a few days)

No comments:

Post a Comment